Yorkshire Terrier Healthy Diet Plan Info For Puppy, Mature, Adult, Senior Dog Breed
Properly feeding a Yorkshire Terrier is one of the most important thing which you need to keep in mind to keep your Yorkshire healthy and fit. If you will not take care about nutritious and healthy food in feeding your Yorkshire Terrier, it will directly affects your dog’s growth and health. The different ages of a Yorkie and food needs depends upon three basic things, like, When to feed Yorkshire Terrier? How much to feed Yorkshire Terrier ? What to feed Yorkshire Terrier ?
The exact amount of food and amount of feed will vary on the how old your Yorkshire terrier dog is and his physical activities. Being a small breed, this breed need to be fed 2 or 3 small meals per day.
Lets find out healthy diet plan for Yorkshire Terrier Dog :
Best Healthy Diet Plan For Yorkshire Terrier Puppy Mature Adult Senior Dog Breed Info
Diet plan of Yorkshire Terrier Puppy (3-6 months)
- You should give your Yorkshire Terrier pup soft food especially milk till 6 weeks.
- You need feed your Yorkshire Terrier pup 2 times a day between 8 to 12 weeks.
- Food given to Yorkshire Terrier pup includes eggs, boiled vegetables, bread, milk etc. It should not be given more than 1/3 cups per meal per day.
Diet plan of Mature Yorkshire Terrier Dog ( 6-12 months)
- After 6 months puppy starts gaining maturity. Continue feeding your Yorkshire Terrier dog 2 times a day.
- You now need to add protein rich food in your Yorkshire Terrier dogs diet such as, lean meat, eggs, liver, red meat bones, boiled green vegetables, bananas etc.
- Totally remove grain feed from your dogs diet.
- Amount of feed should be 3/4 cups per day.
- Also, give chewing bones to your Yorkshire Terrier dogs as chewing bones acts as a snacks and also helps in establishing wide jaws of your dog.
Diet Plan of Adult Yorkshire Terrier dogs ( 1-8 years)
- When your dog completes a life span of an year he steps into the category of adult Yorkshire Terrier dogs. Now he need to be fed twice a day.
- Diet includes, lean meat, eggs, fruits, boiled vegetables, etc.
- Amount of feed should be half cups.
Diet Plan of Yorkshire Terrier Dog ( 8 years and above)
- Feed your Yorkshire Terrier dog just twice a day.
- Food you need to include is, boiled chicken, eggs, vegetables, fruits like banana etc. You can feed your dog 1 cups just twice a day.
By following this simple and healthy diet plan given above you can ensure a good heath of your dog. Your dog will stays super active and fit by consuming this healthy diet. By feeding the right foods on right time and in right proportion will help you achieve best appetite for your dog.
If own a Yorkshire Terrier kindly share your suggestions regarding diet plan of Yorkshire Terrier dog by simply commenting on the box below. Your comments and feedback are precious to us. For more information about various dogs keep following HelpSutra as this Sutra is meant for your help.