Reasons for cause of irregular periods are :
Hey you beautiful ladies! We are back with some interesting facts, information about day to day women problems. What we are going to discuss today is a Serious topic of concern among women : Reasons for irregular menstrual cycle. Nowadays, every second girl is phasing this problem of irregular menstrual cycle, and you must show a serious concern if you are one among them.
Medically, we are supposed to expect our menstrual cycle on 28th day on the dot. So, if we miss a period in between we are almost there to Freak Out! Could this irregularity be caused by some rare kind of disease that we’ve never even heard of? Does an irregular period mean your ovaries aren’t working properly? Could you have trouble conceiving, if you decide to have a baby later on?
What are the Top reasons for an Irregular menstrual cycle
Menstrual irregularities can be caused by a variety of conditions, including pregnancy, hormonal imbalances, infections, malignancies, diseases, trauma, and certain other medications as well.
Well, a wide variety of factors can be held responsible for irregular periods, but two factors which are main cause of irregular periods are :
- A change in the contraception method
- An estrogen or progesterone imbalance (These are the hormones which regulate the menstrual cycle)
Some other reasons for cause of irregular periods are :
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (polycystic ovary system) – also known as PCOS, or the Stein-Leventhal Syndrome. Various cysts(small, fluid filled sacs) develop in the ovaries. Women with PCOS have a disorder of chronically abnormal ovarian function and abnormally high levels of androgen (hyperandrogenism). Androgen is a male sex hormone (the major androgen is testosterone).
- Significant weight gain or loss : A Low body weight is a common cause of irregular or missed periods. Also, Obesity may sometimes be a cause of menstrual problems.
- Over Exercise : Many endurance athletes, such as those that compete in marathons, may have irregular or missed periods.
- Puberty : An irregular periods for a few years after puberty are common, and not considered unusual. It may take a few years for the hormones that control menstruation, estrogen and progesterone, to reach a balance.
- Before Menopause : As the menopause approaches women commonly have irregular periods. The amount of blood flow may also vary. Menopause occurs when it has been 12 months since the woman has had a menstrual period.
- Breast Feeding : Several women do not start having periods again until they stop breastfeeding.
- Thyroid Disorder : Irregular periods may be caused by a thyroid disorder as it affect our bodies’ metabolism.
- Contraceptive : The contraceptive pill can cause spotting between periods. Initially, when using the contraceptive pill for the first time, it is not uncommon for the woman to experience breakthrough bleeds (small bleeds).
- Cancer : Cervical Cancer or Uterine cancer can be one of the cause of bleeding between periods. These cancers may also cause the woman to bleed during sex. Bleeding caused by these cancers is rare.
- Endometriosis : This is a condition in which cells that are normally found inside the uterus, are found growing outside it. That is, the lining of the inside of the uterus is found outside of it. Endometrial cells are the cells that shed every month during menstruation, and so endometriosis is most likely to affect women during their childbearing years.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease : It is an infection of the female reproductive system. It is the most common and serious complication of sexually transmitted diseases apart from AIDS, among women. If It is detected early it can be treated with help of antibiotics. But, if it spreads and damages the fallopian tubes and uterus it can cause pain.
Reasons For Periods Disorders Are :
- Poor nutrition (or a diet too high in carbohydrates)
- Drug use
- Excessive alcohol use (interfering with how the liver metabolizes estrogen and progesterone)
- Eating disorders
- Increased stress
- Recent childbirth, miscarriage or D&C
More women concerned article which women like to red are :
- How To Avoid Vaginal Yeast/Fungus Infections
- What To Do In a Menstrual Cycle
- What Are The Healthy Diet For Having Regular Menses
- Top 5 Causes Of Vaginal Cyst
Guys, We kindly suggest you that any medical information published on this website is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice and you should not take any action before consulting with a health care professional. Helpsutra disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information.