Shih Tzu Healthy Diet Plan Info For Puppy, Mature, Adult, Senior Dog Breed
If you are one of the Shih Tzu owners than you must be in search of a healthy diet plan for your Shih Tzu dog. You need to make sure weather you are choosing the right foods for Shih Tzu dog? As your Shih Tzu health is directly related to the foods that you are feeding him.
Shih Tzu dog digestive system not only break down foods but do more than this. Shih Tzu dogs digestive system helps in absorption of nutrients and also processes nutrients, eliminates waste along with acting as defense against toxins entering their little bodies.
Food allergies, ear infections, dental problems, and skin infections are common infections among Shih Tzu dogs. All this can be controlled by feeding your Shih Tzu with the proper nutrients and a well-balanced diet.
You need to make sure that food you choose should take into consideration your Shih Tzu’s genetic traits, health, age, weight, activity level and more.
Here is a healthy diet plan for Shih Tzu dog which you can follow to maintain good health of your Shih Tzu pup.
Best Healthy Diet Plan For Shih Tzu Puppy Mature Adult Senior Dog Breed Info
Diet plan of Shih Tzu Puppy (3-6 months)
- You should give your Shih Tzu pup soft food especially milk till 6 weeks.
- You need feed your Shih Tzu pup 2 times a day between 8 to 12 weeks.
- Food given to Shih Tzu pups include, eggs, boiled vegetables, bread, milk etc. It should not be given more than 1/3 cups per meal per day.
Diet plan of Mature Shih Tzu Dog ( 6-12 months)
- After 6 months puppy starts gaining maturity. Continue feeding your Shih Tzu dog 2 times a day.
- You now need to add protein rich food in your Shih Tzu dogs diet such as, lean meat, eggs, liver, red meat bones, boiled green vegetables, bananas etc.
- Totally remove grain feed from your dogs diet.
- Amount of feed should be 3/4 cups per day.
- Also, give chewing bones to your Shih Tzu dogs as chewing bones acts as a snacks and also helps in establishing wide jaws of your dog.
Diet Plan of Adult Shih Tzu dogs ( 1-8 years)
- When your dog completes a life span of an year he steps into the category of adult Shih Tzu dogs. Now he need to be fed twice a day.
- Diet includes, lean meat, eggs, fruits, boiled vegetables, etc.
- Amount of feed should be half cups.
Diet Plan of Shih Tzu Dog ( 8 years and above)
- Feed your Shih Tzu dog just twice a day.
- Food you need to include is, boiled chicken, eggs, vegetables, fruits like banana etc. You can feed your dog 1 cups just twice a day.
Follow this nutritious and healthy diet plan given above you can ensure a good heath of your dog. Your dog will stays super active and fit by consuming this healthy diet. By feeding the right foods on right time and in right proportion will help you achieve best appetite for your dog.
All you passionate Shih Tzu dog owners please kindly share your suggestions regarding diet plan of dog by simply commenting on the box below. You can share your amazing experience with Shih Tzu dogs below this article. For more information about various dogs keep following HelpSutra as this Sutra is meant for your help.